Dr. Katti's recent awards and accomplishments include:
- Winner of the 2016 'Man of the Year' award by Vijayavani, India's most influential newspaper with one of the largest readership bases. Over 75 million people selected Dr. Katti for this coveted annual award for his pioneering research to connect India's 5000 year old traditional holistic medicine (Ayurveda) with scientifically sound nanomedicine through his ingenious green nanotechnology research. This work has created a new field of holistic medicine which Dr. Katti refers to as nano-ayurvedic medicine. A full account of this announcement can be viewed in Vijayavani published on January 1, 2016 and in the announcement letter: Man of the Year Announcement
- Winner of the 2015 Hevesy Medal Award. The Hevesy Medal Award is the premier international award of excellence honoring outstanding achievements in radioanalytical and nuclear chemistry.
- Elected to the fellowship of the National Academy of Inventors (2015).
- Distinguished Professor under the Brazilian Scientific Mobility Program "Ciências sem Fronteiras Brazilian Government, the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (CNPq/MCTI) (2015).
- Annual Oration and Award by the Society for Cancer Research and Communication (SCRAC; 2015)
- Elected as a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS in 2012)
- One of ‘25 Most Influential Scientists in Molecular Imaging in the World’ award by rt image.
- Inducted into the fellowship of the ‘St Louis Academy of Science’ (2011)
- Father of Green Nanotechnology’ Citation from the Nobel Prize Winner Dr. Norman Borlaug: http://server4b.pressmart.net/planetearth//index.aspx?issue=issue24&page=25;
- ‘Outstanding Missourian Award’ by the Governor of the State of Missouri & House of Representatives; Dr. Katti is the first immigrant American to receive this coveted state level highest honor from the Governor of the State of Missouri;
- Distinguished Curators Professorship Award by the Curators of the University of Missouri—The highest Academic Honor from one of the largest Universities in the US;
- Presidential Economic Development Award: The President's Awards are the highest honor bestowed for excellence among the university's four mission areas of teaching, research, service, and economic development: http://coas.missouri.edu/news/2011/umawards.shtml;
Dr. Katti has also been credited with the founding of the 'Katti Peptide'. This peptide has widespread applications including, but not limited to, the areas of development of cancer diagnostic and therapeutic agents, osteoarthritis therapy, nuclear waste remediation, and in alternate energy production. To read more about the Katti Peptide, please click here
To see a full list of Dr. Katti's awards and accomplishments, please click here